Part of our Pro series, the 3M 8511 respirator with cool flow valve is designed with the pro in mind to help bring you protection and comfort. Our most popular valved disposable respirator, it is equipped with a cool flow valve, which helps reduce heat build-up inside the respirator, helping to enhance your comfort during longer jobs. This N95 respirator features advanced electrostatic media that enhances the capture of airborne particles while allowing you to breathe easier. An adjustable M-noseclip helps provide a custom, secure seal. Whether you’re hanging drywall or sanding a floor, rely on the trusted protection of the 3M 8511 respirator with cool flow valve.
Use when around solvents, pesticides, and paint; helps protect against certain airborne contaminants
As one of the leading designers and manufacturers of respirators in the world, 3M provides products that address the needs of both workplace, regulated applications and do-it-yourself, non-regulated applications. For workplace uses, employees may be exposed to known concentrations of harmful contaminants for part or all of the workday. In these situations, respirators are intended to help protect the wearer by reducing their exposure to airborne contaminants from a level that may be hazardous to one that is considered safe or acceptable according to government established levels. In addition, home users cannot easily determine exposure levels nor do they have ready access to the type of training medical evaluation and fit testing needed to be in compliance with workplace respirator standards. In these situations, respirators are intended to help keep non-harmful dusts and certain particles out of your nose, mouth and lungs and with some filters help eliminate annoying odors only.
About NIOSH Respirators
This respirator is government approved by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) as an N95 class respirator and is designed for workplace, regulated uses and applications. NIOSH certification means the respirator has passed stringent government performance standards including filtration efficiency testing and provides at least 95% filtration efficiency solid and liquid particles that do not contain oil.
1. Cup the respirator in your hand, with the nose-piece at your fingertips, allowing the headbands to hang freely below your hand.
2. Position the respirator under your chin with the nose-piece up. Pull the top strap over your head resting it high at the top back of your head. Pull the bottom strap over your head and position it around the neck below the ears.
3. Place your fingertips from both hands at the top of the metal nose-piece. Using two hands, mold the nose area to the shape of your nose by pushing inward while moving your fingertips down both sides of the nose-piece.
To help determine if you have put the respirator on properly, place both hands completely over the respirator and inhale sharply. Be careful not to disturb the position of the respirator. A negative pressure should be felt inside the respirator. If air leaks around nose, readjust the nose-piece as described in step 3 of fitting instructions. If air leaks at the respirator edges, work the straps back along the sides of your head.
Wearing the Respirator
To be most effective, this N95 respirator must be worn at all times while you are exposed to non-harmful dusts and particles. If the respirator becomes difficult to breath through or is damaged, immediately go to a non-contaminated area and replace the respirator. Beards, facial hair or anything else that prevents direct contact between the face and the edge of the respirator will reduce the effectiveness of this respirator. Inspect the respirator prior to each use and if any defect is found, do not use. Also, do not use this respirator for any toxic or harmful substances such as lead and asbestos.
What’s in the box
Ten 3M sanding and fiberglass valved respirators
From the Manufacturer
3M Disposable Respirators are designed for exceptional comfort, durability and ease of use. They are NIOSH approved. The filter provides at least 95 percent efficiency to remove particles. They are effective against non-oil particles containing dusts and mists and are free of natural rubber latex.
- by entering your model number.
- Niosh-Approved N95 for at least 95% filtration efficiency against certain Non-Oil-Based Particles and Aerosols
- 3M cool flow valve helps reduce heat build-up inside the respirator
- Breathe 30% easier compared to 3M 8200, breathe an easier is defined as initial pressure drop.
- ADJUSTABLE M-NOSECLIP: Helps ensure a custom, secure seal with fewer pressure points
- For workplace/occupational use only
- Limit 3 packs per customer
- Not for resale
- May not be appropriate for use in certain locations, such as those that do not permit valved respirators
- Recommended For relief from dusts and certain particles encountered during sanding projects (bare wood, non-lead painted surfaces, or drywall), grinding, sawing, sweeping, installation of fiberglass insulation
- Also helps filter pollen, mold spores and dust particles encountered during outdoor activities such as gardening, cutting firewood, raking, and mowing